Friday, November 7, 2014

5 Fandom Friday: Comfort Foods That Always Make Me Feel Better

c600x601
I looooooooooooooooooooooove to cook! So I took to instagram to find my versions of all of my favorite comfort foods. It took awhile to find them all. It turns out I don’t take as many photos of food as I thought :)
Oh and for those wandering about last weeks post, I decided to skip that one. You see, I recently had a baby. And while many woman getting cravings, I get anti-cravings. This means instead of wanting a food, I hate it and the smell/taste of it makes me sick. One of my biggest anti-cravings was candy and chocolate. And even though Thor is now 2 months old, the anti-cravings still haven’t worn off. Even looking at photos of my favorites made me sick. I just couldn't do it. Anyways, long story short, I love Cadbury Eggs... but I can’t look at them right now :)
Not onto to my favorite yummy comfort foods:
1. Mashed Potatoes with Chives. I make it every holiday or big family get together and then about twice a month, I’ll mash up a potato and make a single serving for myself.
Comfort food 1
2. Soft pretzel bites with Cheesy dip. These are shockingly simple to make. And now they have become a huge favorite of my friends so they insist on me making them whenever they come over for movie nights.Comfort food 2
3. Popcorn with skittle. My cousin and I discovered this awesome treat on accident while at a movie theatre when we were kids and we’ve been eating it ever since. Except now I can’t stand microwave popcorn so a pan pop my own. It’s sooooooooo much better that way. It also tastes way better when we’re playing Scrabble. Don’t ask me why :)
Comfort food 3
4. Homemade pizza. The one photographed includes grilled chicken, mushrooms and white alfredo sauce. So so yummy!Comfort food 5
5. Grilled Cheese sandwiches with tomato soup. I saved the best for last. This has been my all-time favorite meal since I was a kid. Now I make it whenever I’m feeling sick or unhappy. It is the all-time BEST get well meal.
 Comfort food 4

2 comments:

  1. I love this list! I've found that popcorn on the stove is WAY better too! I've never heard of Skittles in it tho! I've done chocolates :) Great picks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popcorn AND Skittles? I must try this!

    ReplyDelete