Sunday, September 21, 2014

About me!

What better way to start a new blog than by filling out one of those boring "about me" posts I'm secretly sure nobody reads. It was not my intent to make this super long... but that's how it turned out  :)

First up, I use  :)  <--- that smiley face symbol waaaaay too much. I know this about me and I have tried to stop but it keeps popping up everywhere in my text, e-mails and tweets. You will grow to hate it like my friends do and I'm sorry.

I'm a photographer. It is one of things that makes me happiest. I am pretty shy by nature but if you put a camera around my neck, I can speak to anybody. Photography is like therapy. The right photo can heal all. The camera is just the coolest invention ever! My camera is my baby. I have 3 kids, 2 dogs and a turtle but the camera is my baby.


I am married to my college sweety. This past December was our ten year anniversary. We have three kids (Berti, Lolo & Thor).  We have two big dogs, Beau and Beethoven. They are the most amazing mutts in the world. We also have a turtle name Elroy... he's kind of a jerk :)

We live in the middle of nowhere. We like country living. I know that almost NOTHING I love or post about will ever give you the impression that I'm a country girl but this small town life really does suite us.

I am the oldest of eight kids. And honestly, I regret allowing my parents to breed as much as they did. I really feel like I could have used the extra attention as a child. Haha, kidding guys :)


I don't brush my hair. I know this sounds crazy since my hair is pretty long now, but it's true. I shampoo, condition, towel dry and I'm on my way. The only time I will actually use a brush is if I am styling my hair for a special event... so that's maybe like twice a year.
My best job ever (Before I became a photographer of course) was working at a pizza place. I could make pizzas all day. I love making my own pizzas at home and I still think being in a kitchen all day would be a great plan b for me. Fun Fact: I love making pizzas but I hate eating it. I think I overdosed on it when I was younger. I really have to be in the mood for it now.

I'm a tad bit totally crazy... but I'd like to think it's in the fun way.

I have a twisted sense of humor. Pretty much from this point on, know that if something I say sounds horrible, it was meant as a joke. My jokes can get a tad dark and it is hard to type sarcasm.

I wish there was a sarcasm font.

I love Winter! Snow makes me happy! I don't dislike the other seasons. I am also happy in the sun and I love the smell of flowers, but I get a special feeling when snow falls down that just makes me tingly all over.

I knit, crochet, sew, quilt, draw, paint, and make my own jewelry.

I collect journals. I use them for everything from grocery lists to sketchbooks. Some are simple and cheap. Others are a bit pricey and very intricately decorated. I use most of them but there are a few that I think are too fancy and therefore have not been able to touch them for fear of ruining them... did I mention that I'm a bit crazy?

I'm obsessed with: Dinosaurs, Robots, Skulls, Scary Movies, Disney Movies, Futurama, Fantasy Television Shows, Super Heroes (some more than others, some a lot less), Tattoos and Tattoo Art, Lollipops and My Camera (Seriously, It's like my first child)
The only Halloween I ever celebrated as a kid was when I was six. We lived in a small community of mostly seniors that my mom says was basically a cult. Since my parents were the only ones with kids, it was insisted that we go trick or treating. My brother and I went as crayons (I also had another sister and baby brother but I have no memory of their existence at this point, sorry guys) My dad wrapped us in cardboard that we had colored all over. We couldn't bend so he had to lift us up and lay us down in the car. I sort of remember me being on the seat and my brother lying on the floor (don't try this at home kiddos) I loved it! My parents never let me dress up or go trick or treating ever again... It became one of those "it's the devil" (Waterboy!) things. My aunts agree that this is probably the reason I am so obsessed with dressing up now.

If you haven't noticed from the photos or if maybe you are new to the blog and chose to come here first, I'm a plus sized girl. So most of the makeups/costumes you see will be on my big butt. If this upsets you, please don't waste your time sending me nasty comments. Nobody is forcing you to look at my photos. There are loads of beautiful girls with sites of a similar topic as mine. Go look at theirs to make you happy. Negative comments won't change what I look like and make me magically fit.

That being said I do love comments and I take constructive criticism very well so by all means, let me know if you think I should have done something differently or if there is a better/faster way to do what I'm doing. I love learning new things.
Enjoy my blog and if you'd like to contact me or follow me, I'm at these places:

No comments:

Post a Comment