Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pan Trailer

Hello Dearies! I have Always loved Peter Pan. It’s been one of my favorite stories for years. I actually didn’t know ahead of time that they were even making this movie. A fellow blogger posted about it and after doing my little happy dance, I looked it up!

First thoughts:
The note from mommy, the pan, from the moment the new lost boys were taken from their orphanage, I was hooked :) I love movies that include “before you knew them” stories. Finding out were each character came from and why they are the way they are is huge for me.
The makeup on Hugh Jackman is insane. I didn’t recognize him at first.
Hook is a smartass and I love it.
They included mermaids! Yay!!!!
So, there is some controversy. A lot of people online are upset that Tiger Lily is white… like she’s whiter than me and I’m the whitest woman in America.
I live in an area populated with a lot of Native Americans so I asked a friend what she thought. Her reply:
“Our biggest problem is that Tiger Lily is one of the only strong Native American characters that is also a household name and we feel as though she has been stolen from us”
“But you hated all the other Tiger Lilys”
“Yes. they were nothing more than a racial stereotype”
“Ok so you don’t like the Native American one or the white one. What kind of Tiger Lily will make you happy?”
“Not a white one”
“Haha, fair enough. So you don’t wanna see Pan”
“Hell yes I wanna see Pan. Hugh is my man!”
So I am very Very excited for this film and you can bet I’ll be one of the first ones to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment