Friday, February 27, 2015

5 Fandom Friday: Characters I did Name My Kids After

Hello Dearies! When I saw this topic I got a little mad. I am a mommy of three and baby naming was not the beautiful moment I wanted it to be. It is actually a very soar subject for me. Just thinking about it makes me see red. I won't go into details but some people suck!
For these reasons I don't want to even think about what I would name any future children, but I will talk about my two boys and their "nerdy" names.

My oldest boy is Logan. My husband picked it out and I immediately said NO! You see my daughter already has an "L" name and I don't like matchy names. We were in the hospital for 3 days. He had no name for those 3 days. Finally, my husband gently reminded me that Logan was Wolverine's real name, and I love Wolverine, so dammit he won! Haha. 5 days after we left the hospital, I was looking into his cute squishy face and the name I should have gave him came to me. Even now that he's 6, the other name still suits him but oh well. There is no changing it now. And he really loves that he is named after Wolverine :)

My youngest and newest baby has 3 names that he is regularly called. 1 legal, 2 nick names, all nerdy. 
The first is Thor. My 6 year old named my belly Thor when I was 3 months preggo and the name stuck. At least half of the people in my life still call him Thor. 


The first initial of everyone in our family used to spell out JELL. Some of my friends really wanted me to give my son an "O" name so that we could be the JELLO family. Haha! One friend said I should call him Optimus. I joked that I would call him Opie. And now Optimus is another name he hears on a regular basis. 

The name we actually gave him Legally was Toby. My husband is not very nerdy. He likes normal, boring names. He was eventually sold on Toby but he wouldn't have been if he knew why I picked it. The big secret: Toby is the name of the baby that the goblin king kidnaps in the Labyrinth and I love that movie so so much! Do NOT tell my husband :)

No comments:

Post a Comment