Saturday, October 24, 2015

Barn Door Baby Gate

Hello Dearies!
So my move in day is almost here! I am determined to get into the new house before Halloween. But enough about me. Haha! This week I made a project that not only looks awesome but was very much needed at the new place. Our stare case is lined up weird with the wall and normal baby gate measurements just won’t hook up properly. I tried three brands and wasted over 175 bucks to find that out. We discovered my banister was four inches too short to line the gate up with the wall and my window frames were 3 inches too short to allow the gate to line up with the banister. This was annoying but turned out to be a blessing in disguise. First off I have several baby showers before the end of this year so the gift is taken care of. Everyone needs baby gates right? Haha. Secondly I was very excited to  get to build my barn door. I really wanted to build a barn door for my bedroom but the hubby was not interested. Now I got my barn door… it’s just a third the size. My brother helped me build this gate with left over scrap wood from our other house projects. We used a large 1 inch thick rectangle baseboard. Several 2 by 1's to make the frame and a couple 4 by 1’s. The hardware cost about 20 bucks. WAY cheaper than the baby gates. I should have started with the barn door. I used wood filler to fill in the gaps in wood, because we aren’t perfect and cut a couple wrong. Haha! Then I painted it and my brother installed it. It was pretty easy. Just took some time.
  20151014_18224920151014_18523520151015_152933 20151017_225518 20151017_225521
 I’m really happy with how it turned out! I’d love to see all of your fun projects! Please share a link in the comments below or tag me on instagram @images_by_jessie or on twitter @imagesbyjessie

No comments:

Post a Comment