Saturday, November 7, 2015

Dresser Revamp

Hello Dearies!
Sorry I wasn’t  around last week. I had good reason. We moved into our house! It’s exciting. We still have a few things to do but our home is so close to done. My to do list has less than 10 items on it. Less than ten!!! This weeks project is a furniture revamp. It’s another cheap one too. I bought this dresser at a garage sale for five bucks. It’s super old. Most of the drawers are pretty torn up but the base frame is nice and sturdy. I forgot to take a good before photo so for reference, The dresser I’m showing you today is behind my awesome yellow chairs.
20150913_100519
I used left over paint for the exterior of the dresser and I bought metallic paint for the drawers. I used both gold and silver because I thought it looked really cool to have alternating metallics. I painted my hardware first, and then my top two drawers. As you can tell from my photos I did this outside. Do NOT spray paint indoors. The fumes are crazy dangerous.
20151020_181455 20151020_18145820151020_181504 20151020_18144720151020_181450
After this, I realized that the bottom two drawers (the larger ones) were too far gone so I trashed them. Because I trashed them, I no longer needed the larger door handles. I’m not sure yet what I’ll end up using them for but I am really digging these metallics.
20151020_181417
I decided to turn the bottom two openings into shelves. My brother measured and cut two wood slabs for me. I used wood glue and clamps to install them and let the glue dry overnight. Then I sprayed alternating gold and silver on the inside of the dresser. I used wood filler to patch any scuffs and a couple dents in the top. Then I sanded the crap out of the outsides. After cleaning away all of the dust, I put on two layers of a very pretty deep purple. It was at this point I realized I had forgotten to take photos. Sorry guys. I put the dresser in the front corner of my living room. It will eventually hold our tv.
20151021_150132
So what do you guys think? Have you done any fun furniture makeovers lately? I’d love to see your projects! Please share a link in the comments below or tag me on instagram @images_by_jessie or on twitter @imagesbyjessie

No comments:

Post a Comment