Saturday, December 5, 2015

Kids Snowflake Ornament

Hello Dearies!
 Hope your December is going well. We have been so busy. I’m looking forward to the holidays but I’m also looking forward to January when all the Holidays stop and things slow down a bit. This mama needs a break Smile
 Anyways, onto todays project. I did these with my kiddos at a school party so I don’t have any before or during shots but the instructions are pretty easy. Still feel free to ask any questions if I confuse you.
 What you will need.
 * Cue tips
 * White construction paper (or whatever color you would like)
 * Glitter (we used silver and red)
 *A photo of your child (or dog, cat, fish, or whomever you like)
 * Glue (plain old Elmers will do just fine)
 * A small amount of string or yarn
 * Scissors
 Step 1: Take your cue tips and glue them onto your construction paper in a circular pattern. This will make your snowflake. You can stagger them so some appear longer or shorter than the others. My daughter (silver one) made them different lengths. My son (red one) did them almost all about the same.
 Step 2: Put extra glue on top of the cue tips and cover with your glitter.
 Step 3: Cut out your photo. (get creative and do different shapes, it doesn’t have to be squares like we did) Then glue photo to the center of your snowflake.
 Step 4: Let dry. Depending on how much glue you use, this may take awhile.
 Step 5: Cut out your snowflake. You can see from the photos that my kiddos took two very different approaches to this step Smile
 Step 6: Tie a string onto one of the cue tips on your snowflake and you are ready to hang!
IMG_9840IMG_9841
 I’d love to see all of your fun projects! Please share a link in the comments below or tag me on instagram @images_by_jessie or on twitter @imagesbyjessie

No comments:

Post a Comment