Saturday, September 27, 2014

Craft Day - Homer Doughnut Hat

Over the summer, I saw a picture online of a sun hat painted to look like a doughnut. I showed it to my daughter and she immediately said "You should paint Homer on it! He loves doughnuts!" I thought she was a genius and agreed the hat needed some Homer. I got the sunhat from the dollar store for 10 bucks. Just a warning before you start this project, these hats eat paint. I used way more than I originally expected to. Making this hat was very simple.
June 22, 2014 (7)

First I painted the top of the hat yellow. Then I painted a wide pink ring around the brim of the hat. I wanted my frosting to be pink because Homer loves pink frosted doughnuts. You can make your frosting whatever color you like.
June 22, 2014 (9)
Next paint on small rectangular shapes in a rainbow of colors to make sprinkles.June 22, 2014 (10)
Next I painted on two large white circles for eyes. After the white dries, outline the circles with black paint and add a black dot in the center of each white circle. 
June 22, 2014 (11)
Next I painted ears. I put them at the bottom center of each side of the hat. For the hair, I painted two black lines across the very top of the hat and a black zigzag design around the backside of the head going from one ear to the other.
June 22, 2014 (12)June 22, 2014 (14)
June 22, 2014 (13)June 22, 2014 (15)

No comments:

Post a Comment