Monday, September 29, 2014

Past Costumes - My Raven

I'm going to be honest. The very first time I heard anything about Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven was on an episode of The Simpsons. It's still one of my favorite episodes. I love it so much that the Bart Simpson raven is one my planned tattoos. 
This costume was not something that was overly planned. It just sort of came together. I usually have my Halloween costumes planned out months in advance. This year I had almost no inspiration.. It wasn't until I found this cool mask (there is a name for it. I know the name. It's on the tip of my tongue. But I for the life of me cannot spit it out. Feel free to comment and scold me) that I came up with a raven idea. I bought the mask and some black wings and a black blouse. I didn't want to go totally "bird" I wanted it to be a bit alternative. My best-est besty did my makeup. She gave me a kick ass smokey eye and then she did this really cool lacey thing. I just love how it turned out. I felt wonderful in this makeup!
DSC02519H 2011 (49)October 31, 2011 (75)October 31, 2011 (64)October 31, 2011 (73)October 31, 2011 (74)
At the end of the night. Can you tell that I had a good time? :) October 31, 2011 (76)

No comments:

Post a Comment