Friday, October 10, 2014

FIVE FANDOM FRIDAY: “GATEWAY FANDOMS THAT MADE ME WHO I AM TODAY” and “GEEKY CLOTHING ITEMS I NEED IN MY CLOSET IMMEDIATELY”

 I’m late to the game so I’m posting 2 weeks today :)c600x601

First up, the fandoms that made me who I am today
1. Star Trek
This was my dad’s favorite show when I was a kid. When my siblings and I would get in trouble, he was too lazy to get up and punish us so he made us sit and watch with him. At first it was a punishment but then we all grew to like it. I would put my family up against anybody else's in a Star Trek trivia contest. :)
enterprise-tos
2. Futurama
This should actually be number one, I’m so obsessed! Now I grew up on the Simpsons but when Matt Groening made Futurama, I found my true love. I quote the characters daily. I watch all the reruns (which is kind of crazy because I own all the DVDs and I could pop them in whenever I like) I even have my kids watching it. Futurama is my Happy Place :)
Futurama-Episode-113--Fry-and-the-Slurm-Factory
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
I mean, come on. Who didn’t watch Buffy growing up. She’s the ultimate female role model. And yes I chose this photo because I am team Spike. Don’t Judge :)
Buffy_Season_(7)
4. The Wizard of Oz
BEST MOVIE EVER. Nobody can beat the flying monkeys. I have a flying monkey neclace that I adore. I even love the other versions of the Wizard of Oz. I love the Syfy movie Tin Man and the “What If” episode of Futurama when Leela proclaims “I wanna be a witch!” is one of my favorites :)
wizard-of-oz-original1
5. Dinosaurs
Realistic, puppet or cartoon, any genre, it doesn’t matter, I really love them all! I collect books, Movies, Toys, clothes. I go to dinosaur museums (that’s the best kind, in my opinion). There is nothing about dinosaurs that don’t make me smile. My favorite is the Stegosaurus :)
TLW-Stegosaurusdinosaurs-tv-show-not-the-mommaLandBeforeTimePlatvoetmetmoeder


PART TWO: Geeky clothes I need in my closet:
1. Mermaid Tights. Is there anyone alive that doesn’t want to be a mermaid? If there is, I don’t want to meet them.
0f7e647f8cd2d96c8076ffbb84f4cf8f
2. Stitch is my absolute favorite character! I just love these adorable shoes.
15657ed614932288e8b29f3edba8657c
3. I just had a baby named Thor and I really think he’d love it if his mommy wore this :)
FF1_1
4. Toothless is my absolute second best favorite character. Isn’t this Hoodie amazing?
d90ea04378fbe2f94a3c33b91e433790
5. This t-shirt. I told you I love Dinosaurs :)
il_570xN.452101627_o1pd

Thanks for reading, I’m sorry it was so long. I’ll try not to fall behind again :)

4 comments:

  1. awww Futurama is my fave show!!! LUV that Toothless hoodie, so awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Futurama has been my favorite for so long. Nothing has been able to replace it. It's just so good and it always puts me in a good mood.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is. Bummer is it isn't available anymore.
      It's on my list of items to try and make myself. I don't know if it'll turn out that cool but I'm going to try :)

      Delete