Saturday, July 11, 2015

Painted Mug

Hello Dearies! I wrote this post Sunday after getting hit with some “Jawsome” inspiration. Haha! Ok I will admit, that was horrible. :) :) :)
  20150531_110748

 I bought this plain black mug and these paint markers weeks ago but I couldn’t decide what to do until Shark Week started! Do you guys watch? I cannot get enough of it. I am completely landlocked in the middle of North America so I am totally fascinated by all things ocean. And sharks are just so cool.
So today’s craft really isn’t a tutorial because you can do paint whatever you like but I wanted to talk a bit about the process.

  20150705_203417

I used black, gold and silver paint markers and a 99 cent mug from the dollar store (I love when things are super affordable!) The paint markers are pretty awesome. They were easy to use and dried nice and smooth. I waited until the first color was dry before I moved onto the next one to avoid smearing. These dry really fast so I didn’t have to wait long. I used a medium tip marker for this project and I think I’ll buy the fine tipped markers next time so I can do some better details. I am not the best artist but I am very happy with my new mug.
  20150705_202655
20150705_202707

So what do you think? If you paint your own mug, I’d love to see them.
Please leave a link to your projects in the comments below or tag me on instagram @images_by_jessie or twitter @imagesbyjessie

No comments:

Post a Comment