Saturday, July 4, 2015

Light Drawing

Hello Dearies! Today’s project is inspired by Independence Day but is something anyone can enjoy. Note: THIS FUN DIY INVOLVES FIREWORKS. DO NOT LET THE KIDDOS DO THIS UNATTENDED! As a photographer I used to love fireworks but as a dog owner, I have grown to hate them. My poor fur-babies cry and howl and try to hide under my bed. I say try because they don’t fit under it like they did when they were puppies. Something I still enjoy every Independence Day is my sparklers. They are pretty and quiet and perfect for my family. And also very easy to do! What you will need: *A camera with a a programmable shutter speed and a timer (or someone to take the photos for you) *A tripod or something sturdy to set your camera on *Sparklers. Lots of them :)
  Light DrawingLight DrawingLight Drawing
 First set up your camera on your tripod and point in the direction of where you or your subject will be standing.
Camera setting will vary depending on lighting conditions so you may have to play around a bit. I would start by setting your shutter speed for at least 3-4 seconds and then changing your settings to properly expose the photo. You can set your shutter speed a lot slower to capture more but remember, the slower the shutter speed, the more light it lets in. If you have it too slow, your photo can end up way to bright. My setting were  ISO 1600 F-stop f/7.1 and my exposure time to 3.2 seconds. Normally I would have my ISO and f-stop much lower but I was taking the photo by myself and setting a larger F-stop helped make sure the light would be in focus. That made the photo too dark so I had to raise my ISO. Next set your timer so you can run in front of the camera. Even if you have someone taking the photo for you, I would still recommend using the timer. Every tiny bump and movement will be captured when you use a slow shutter speed. Using the timer and tripod gives you the sharpest photo you can get.
  Light DrawingLight Drawing
 The drawing itself is very easy but it takes some practice. I traced out each shape in the air over and over again. Also you have to try and keep the rest of your body as still as possible while making your shapes. Your camera will capture everything and one wrong move can make for some funny shots :)
  Light DrawingLight Drawing Light DrawingLight Drawing
 If you have any questions about my directions, don’t hesitate to ask for more, Have fun! Please stay safe and as always I’d love to see yours! Please leave a link to your projects in the comments below or tag me on instagram @images_by_jessie or twitter @imagesbyjessie

No comments:

Post a Comment