Saturday, July 25, 2015

Nature Walks

I’m a big fan of nature-y projects like this so I was doing them for my friends birthday but this is absolutely a great project for the kiddos too. It’s a woodsy tic tac toe game! After I made mine (the green one) My daughter made the red one. It looks like it’s glowing in the photos but it really isn’t that vibrant. I’m not sure why my camera hated that color. We went out on a walk around the lake to get our supplies and used some paint and glue I already had lying around at home. Super easy!
  20150722_083407
What you will need:
*Large wood piece. My dad cut these with a saw out of a log for us but my friend insists that you can find similar pieces at craft stores. *Sand paper. I only used sandpaper because my dad cut these raw for me. If you buy your piece from a craft store, it’ll probably be pre-sanded. *Small sticks. You will need 2 long sticks and six short ones (I picked up 2 long ones and cut them to my needs) *Garden Sheers (for cutting the sticks or you can just break them to the lengths you want) *Paint and a paint brush *Glue *Small rocks How To: My dad used a rotary saw to cut 2 two inch slices out of a log. I left the edges nice and raw but I sanded the front and back so it was smoother but not too smooth. I still wanted a very rustic look. I painted just the front side with normal acrylic paint. After the paint was dry, I scrapped off a little paint with a piece of sand paper to make it look more worn. I cut two long sticks and glued them about 2 inches apart from each other on the wood. I then cut 6 smaller sticks and made two lines across the 2 larger sticks to make what is basically a hashtag symbol for all you young ones out their. Haha. For the X’s and O’s, we painted little rocks. For the red game, the X’s were orange painted rocks and the O’s were Yellow. For the Green game, I found smoother rocks and used my paint markers to paint little X’s and O’s on each stone. These were a lot of fun to make and also very fun to play.
  20150722_08334020150722_083344
 If you make your own, please share with me a link in the comments below or tag me on instagram @images_by_jessie or on twitter @imagesbyjessie

No comments:

Post a Comment